Dental implants are small rod-like posts that act as a base for replacement teeth. They are placed into the jawbone and act like roots in that they support the tooth, denture or bridge. In all surgical dentistry treatments, such as dental implants, you will need to have a consultation with the dentist to determine the best option for your particular circumstance. The dental implant screw fits into the bone and has a clip (abutment) that the tooth (crown) fits on to. Titanium is the usual material that implants are made of, this is because Titanium has no ill effect on the human body and bonds readily with the new bone, which penetrates into the titanium surface. The implants should last a lifetime if you look after them and maintain good oral hygiene.
How does Dental Implant Work?
- The first appointment is the initial consultation, where we discuss your concerns and expectations. A general assessment is made which will include general health, social habits, general dental health and an analysis of the problem that resulted in booking the appointment. X-rays will be taken to provide information regarding the condition and position of the tooth, bone and surrounding structures.
- A CT scan is usually necessary to allow us to precisely assess and carry out any treatment that has been planned. This appointment will be arranged by us.
- If there is no natural tooth to remove, then the root portion (titanium screw) of the implant can be placed, with the gum placed back over it, allowing the bone to bond undisturbed.
- Two-Three months later, an impression is taken of the top of the implant head.
- Two weeks later the crown is screwed on to the implant and the treatment is complete.
Some incredible Before and After results achieved using Dental Implants:
Why Choose us for Dental:
- Our dentist Dr. Carl Manhem has placed over 10,000 implants
- We use the top Dental Laboratory in the country
- We use Nobel Biocare Implants, which are undoubtedly the best dental implant system
- Our success rate is 99%
- Our Award Winning Practice prides itself in providing the high-quality implants with exception aftercare.
- 2 Convenient Locations ( Hampstead & Mill Hill)
We also Offer :
- Multiple Teeth Implant
- Implants Over Dentures
- All on 4 Implants
When it comes to your health Choose the Best Clinic